Manchester City have been drawn against Middlesbrough or Newport County in the FA Cup fifth round. The match will be played away on the weekend of Saturday 16 February, with an exact date and kick-off time to be confirmed.
Middlesbrough, managed by Tony Pulis, are faring well in the Championship, currently in 5th place.
Newport are led by Mike Flynn and currently sit in 14th in League Two.
Middlesbrough and Newport will play their FA Cup fourth round replay in Newport on February 5th.
City have brushed aside Rotherham (7-0) and Burnley (5-0) in their 2018-19 FA Cup run so far, and with a host of big name Premier League clubs, such as Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, already out, might fancy their chances this year.
Not since 2011 and Yaya Touré’s famous goal against Stoke have City won the FA Cup and Pep Guardiola would love to add it to his glittering collection of trophies. A win over Boro or Newport would see City into the quarter-finals and a step closer to achieving that…
The FA Cup fifth round draw in full:
1. Bristol City vs. Shrewsbury/Wolves
2. AFC Wimbledon vs. Millwall
3. Doncaster Rovers vs. Crystal Palace
4. Middlesbrough/Newport vs. Manchester City
5. Chelsea vs. Manchester United
6. Swansea City vs. Barnet/Brentford
7. Portsmouth/QPR vs. Watford
8. Brighton/West Brom vs. Derby