News

From Spain: Real Madrid close to deal for Man City youngster despite €20m demand

Real Madrid are close to securing Brahim Diaz from Manchester City in the January transfer window, even though a fee has yet to be agreed between the two powerhouses, Cadena COPE reports.

Joseba Larrañaga told El Partidazo de COPE on Thursday that Real Madrid’s official offer is €10 million (£9 million), with City requesting €20 million (£18 million) despite the 19-year-old’s contract being up in June.

This has been previously reported, but Larrañaga added that an agreement between the clubs is very close, which will ensure City receive a transfer fee for the Spaniard, while Madrid will avoid the risk of a Barcelona or PSG snatching him before his deal expires.

Brahim is unhappy with the amount of game time he has received at the Etihad, and has been told he’ll join up with the Real Madrid first team, rather than their second division Castilla reserve team. He’ll then have a chance to prove himself until the end of the season when it will be decided if he sticks with the first-team or heads out on loan.

Despite his likely exit, the Spain under-21 international featured for Pep Guardiola’s side in the Carabao Cup quarter-final win over Leicester on Tuesday night, which could prove to be his final appearance in the sky blue of City.

To Top