No other team in the Barclay’s Premier League currently has an injury list like Man City’s — who Pep Guardiola said have only 15 senior players fit for tonight’s tie with Hoffenheim at the Etihad Stadium.
The information from Physio Room is that City have nine wounded first-team squad members, although Eliaquim Mangala is on the list and nobody is 100 per cent sure if he’s ready because Pep doesn’t seem interested in playing him. Oleksandr Zinchenko is also listed but may be available with a protective face mask after breaking his nose.
The latest injuries are to David Silva, Fernandinho and Danilo. Silva’s seems to be the worst and he will be out for three weeks, while Fernandinho has a thigh injury and Danilo… it’s tough to keep up with his injuries.
Heading into tonight’s game, the list of injuries and doubts is:
– Danilo (knock): Unknown return date
– David Silva (hamstring): Approximately 3 weeks (Guardiola: “It was a muscular problem [hamstring] but he’ll be stopped for a few days, a few weeks.”)
– Fernandinho (thigh): Could return on December 15 (Everton H)
– Oleksandr Zinchenko (broken nose): Could return tonight (Hoffenheim H)
– Sergio Aguero (groin): Could return on December 15 (Everton H)
– Benjamin Mendy (knee): Expected back in the second half of February 2019
– Kevin De Bruyne (knee): Could return on December 18 (Leicester A)
– Claudio Bravo (achilles): No return date
– Eliaquim Mangala (knee): Training but unknown if fit
With Aguero and KDB returning soon and Fernandinho’s injury seemingly just temporary, City’s injury problems should clear some and Pep will hope the ones currently fit can stay fit, with six fixtures still go to in February — including tonight’s.