After the shocking defeat to Lyon last week, Manchester City recovered with back-to-back wins, dispatching Cardiff City at the weekend before downing minnows Oxford United in the Carabao Cup, with local lad Phil Foden putting in a stunning display.
Topics this week include:
– Phil Foden. Who else? The man of the moment after his performance and first goal against Oxford.
– Would it be wise for Foden to go out on loan if he isn’t getting much game time by the end of the season?
– Prioritising the Brighton, Hoffenheim and Liverpool game in terms of rotating the players.
– Riyad Mahrez is finally off the mark. What can he bring to City and is he still a work in progress?
– John Stones’ performance in midfield against Oxford and if he is a long-term option there.
– Mendy or Delph at left-back in big games? This debate gets quite passionate!
– Who should start at left-back and centre-back against Liverpool? Is there a case for Danilo against Salah?
– Aguero and Jesus, who to start in the next three games. Could they play together against Liverpool?
– Should be we wary of underestimating Hoffenheim ahead of the Liverpool game?