It was a horror start to the Champions League for Manchester City on Wednesday night after they fell to a shock defeat at home to Lyon. After the weekend win over Fulham, hopes were high that the Blues, led by Mikel Arteta in Pep Guardiola’s absence, could sweep away their French opposition but they did anything but.
Topics this week include:
– Views on the win over Fulham and shock home defeat to Lyon.
– How City fans reacted to the defeat – have Blues become overdramatic and spoiled by success?
– The team react to some social media feedback after the Lyon game.
– 13,000+ empty seats and little atmosphere… does this say anything about the City fanbase and can the atmosphere be improved?
– Are City trying to run before they walk in terms of fans? Do they have to wait for a new generation to grow to improve attendances?
– City fans and their ongoing apathy or disdain for the Champions League with many viewing it as secondary to the Premier League.
– City have lost 5 of their last 6 Champions League games. Does this mean the Premier League is overhyped? And how wary must City now be of Hoffenheim?
– Looking ahead to the Cardiff/Oxford/Brighton/Hoffenheim run of games leading into the big match against Liverpool.