Manchester City went into the international break with a 2-1 win over a resolute Newcastle United, but Pep Guardiola’s men were again not at their very best and will hope to find their rhythm when the players reconvene.
To discuss the Newcastle game, the Leroy Sané ‘problem’, and the other big City issues of the week, the City Watch podcast team is back with host Ian Cheeseman joined by Matty Dove, Paul Risby and Harry Mellor.
Topics this week include:
– Riyad Mahrez’s early performances and fitting into the system. Is it too early to judge the Algerian?
– City’s performance in the 2-1 win over Newcastle.
– The Leroy Sané problem… what’s going on with him? Does he have an attitude problem and is Pep making an example of him?
– We answer your questions from Twitter about Kroos’ comments on Sané, Brahim Diaz’s situation, and should Bernardo be playing in the middle?
– Champions League draw reaction and should City fans stop booing the anthem?
– Views on the League Cup and the third round draw with Oxford.
– More chatter about the rescheduled Spurs fixture and treatment of fans. Do the authorities care at all about the matchgoing supporters?
– Fan protests, collaborations and how to make authorities listen.