It’s a new season, but the same old swashbuckling, sensational, sublime Manchester City. The Blues returned to the Etihad Stadium for the first time this season and thrashed Huddersfield Town 6-1 on Sunday, putting on a show for the crowd.
To discuss that game, the Amazon docuseries that is making waves, and all of the other latest Manchester City topics, City Watch Podcast host Ian Cheeseman is joined by Ryan Corless, Matty Dove and newcomer Harry Mellor who makes his first appearance.
Topics this week include:
– The 6-1 thrashing of Huddersfield including Benjamin Mendy’s dynamic performance.
– Could City’s domination actually become BORING?
– Do City have any reason to worry about Gabriel Jesus joining Real Madrid or Barcelona, particularly after Pep leaves?
– Claudio Bravo’s injury and dealing with it. Did City make a mistake in selling Angus Gunn?
– 10 years of Vincent Kompany, with the captain’s influence coming under discussion.
– The Spurs stadium debacle and why moving the City fixture to Monday night would yet again disrespect the fans.
– The idea of Premier League games being played abroad.
– And of course, the Amazon documentary series that everyone is talking about. The team give their thoughts, question how much control City had over it, and answer the question: Should there be a season 2?