News

Kevin De Bruyne’s agent gives update on Manchester City star’s knee injury

Patrick De Koster, agent of Kevin De Bruyne, has spoken to the Belgian press about the Manchester City midfielder’s injury and confirmed what City Watch exclusively revealed on Wednesday, that it is similar to KDB’s injury from 2016.

The 27-year-old will be out of action for a while, but contrary to headlines in today’s tabloids estimating as long as four months out for De Bruyne, the exact length of his absence is not yet known.

De Bruyne flew to Barcelona today for further scans and examinations with the renowned Dr Ramon Cugat, and his agent, De Koster, said the tests will clarify the exact severity of his injury.

“I spoke to Kevin, and he confirmed that he had injured his knee in training. It is the same one as previously, and he felt the same way,” De Koster told Sporza.

“On that occasion no ligaments were torn, and that is the main thing. If that was the case he would be out for six to nine months.

“The medical tests will clarify how serious or not the injury is. It happened in training while he was standing on his own – he wasn’t involved in a challenge. It was an unfortunate accident.”

“He said it felt the same as it did two years ago. It is pretty much the same situation.”

De Koster sounded hopeful that the Belgian can be back fairly quickly if his ligaments are not torn. De Bruyne’s 2016 setback kept him out for just over two months.

“It is fate. It is unlucky for Kevin – the season has only just begun and it’s always good to be back. But as long as his ligaments are not torn we can remain hopeful he’ll make a quick recovery,” the agent said.

Manchester City have launched the 2018/19 away kit!

Pick up the Wembley 1999 inspired strip at the City Store!

Comments
To Top