For the second week running, Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has spoken to Italy’s Corriere dello Sport newspaper about Jorginho’s proposed move to Manchester City.
“Regarding Jorginho, I spoke with the leaders of City on Thursday and (sporting director) Giuntoli is now in touch with them,” De Laurentiis explained.
“We have to find an agreement, I provided my directions and took a step towards the English leaders.”
The film producer said it last week, and stated again that he believes a deal can be done. The Naples club are notoriously hard negotiators, and with City taking a tougher stance in the market in recent years, it was never going to be an easy process.
De Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport, “In such cases, if one takes a step back, the other must take one forward. But there is a real possibility that we’ll reach an agreement soon.”
Manchester City have launched the 2018/19 home kit!
Pick up the Kit of Champions at the City Store!