Manchester City are the champions of England!
Following a week of woe, the Blues were quite unexpectedly crowned champions after a win over Tottenham at Wembley, then Manchester United’s shock defeat to West Brom at Old Trafford, which meant City became the 2017/18 Premier League winners!
The City Watch Podcast team are in a joyful mood this week with the first episode since City’s third title win in seven seasons was made official. Host Ian Cheeseman is joined by Ryan Corless, Adam Wareing and Anthony Chapman for plenty of discussion about the champions.
Topics this week include:
– Feelings when the final whistle went at Old Trafford and City became champions. Including an interesting story from Ian about what he was doing on 15 April 1970 and 15 April 2018.
– What will the atmosphere be like for the final home games with City in uncharted territory of being champions well in advance?
– Discussion about the likely parade around Manchester after the season ends, and possible pros and cons of the idea.
– How the players celebrated in the age of social media. From the fun pub scenes to the ridiculed Etisalat advert.
– Discussion of City’s win over Spurs, a show of character at Wembley on the back of three defeats.
– Raheem Sterling discussion including some impassioned defences of the winger.
– Will the players be motivated for the last five games? Will Foden, Brahim, Tosin and Mendy get much game time?
– Discussion on Pep Guardiola’s rumoured contract extension.