There have been three City games since we last convened for the City Watch Podcast, meaning there is much to talk about. City have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea in the Premier League, but also lost what was ultimately a dead rubber against FC Basel in the Champions League, with many talking points.
Topics this week include:
– City’s wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in the league and how the team performed.
– Differing views on the win over Chelsea – why did some find it boring and some impressive?
– The defeat to FC Basel and the two sides of the argument – job done, no injuries vs. poor performance, bad value for the paying fans.
– How important was the game time for Foden, Stones and others fighting for minutes? How much does Foden get out of game like the Basel defeat?
– Is Yaya Touré finished?
– What did we learn from the XI which faced Basel, in particular Stones, Laporte and Zinchenko?
– The prospect of winning the Manchester derby to win the league or receiving a guard of honour from United.
– City’s best XI in crunch games coming up if everyone is fit.