Manchester City won the League Cup for the third time in five years on Sunday with a comprehensive win over Arsenal at Wembley. The ‘old guard’ of Sergio Agüero, Vincent Kompany and David Silva all found the net in what was a surprisingly comfortable win for Pep Guardiola’s men, handing the City boss his first trophy in English football.
Topics this week include:
– The Carabao Cup final win over Arsenal, how the team performed, with particularly praise for Danilo and how the defence handled Aubameyang.
– Kompany’s perfect performance and goal. Plus, is Kompany and Otamendi the best partnership for ‘crunch’ games?
– Pep’s usage of De Bruyne in the final and his first half performance vs. second half performance after he changed positions.
– Bravo’s role in the Carabao Cup run, culminating in a final where he even assisted a goal!
– Could Kompany be in the frame to replace Guardiola as manager in future?
– Fernandinho’s injury and how Pep will deal with it, particularly after seeming to rule Touré out of stepping in.
– How to manage the squad with three games in quick succession coming up?