Manchester City were sent crashing out of the FA Cup by League One side Wigan Athletic on Monday night, ending any hopes of a quadruple. It wasn’t the ideal result ahead of this weekend’s Carabao Cup final either, but the Shark Team must now pick themselves up as they seek to give Pep Guardiola his first piece of silverware in England.
Topics this week include:
– The pitch invasion by Wigan that led to chaos in the away end and Sergio Aguero being provoked by several supporters. Was the policing inadequate?
– Delph’s red card – was it justified and did referee Anthony Taylor deal with the situation properly, after appearing to change his mind?
– Should Taylor, a Mancunian who has a recent history of controversial decisions involving City, be allowed to referee City games?
– Was the quadruple ever really a possibility of just media hype to set City up for ‘failure’?
– The performance against Wigan, Pep’s selection, and what Ian’s source at Wigan told him about Kevin De Bruyne and how his selection influenced their thinking.
– The defending for Will Griggs’ goal – why did Walker leave the ball?
– A preview of this weekend’s Carabao Cup final against Arsenal. Could the Wigan defeat and a feeling of injustice give City extra motivation?
– Delph or Zinchenko? Which centre-back pairing? And is Pep right to select Bravo for the final? Carabao Cup final selection discussion.