This week, the City Watch Podcast is delighted to welcome former City and England winger David White on for its tenth weekly edition. White made 286 appearances for the Blues from 1985 to 1993, and represented his country against Spain in 1992.
David joins host Ian Cheeseman, Ryan Corless and Adam Wareing to talk all things City! The lifelong Blue gives his unique perspective, a former player and member of the 1986 FA Youth Cup-winning ‘golden generation’, on the City of now and yearyear with some great anecdotes.
Topics this week include:
– Some words on the Basel win, particularly City’s intensity, work rate and fitness levels.
– David talks about the City of then vs. the City of now, and whether he’d have a chance of making it today at the club.
– Stories from Maine Road from David, and how Howard Kendall would pick the team up after a loss.
– Pep’s incredible attention to detail and how he handles pre-match preparations. How does that differ from the old City?
– Maine Road vs. the Etihad, how the stadiums are different. David shares his views on how the Kippax could have been transferred to the new stadium.
– David’s opinion on the City of today and how they treat ex-players.
– Is the price of football hurting the atmosphere at games?