Rarely this season have Manchester City fans had a week to be disappointed about. However, the last week has seen City lose for the first time in the league, on the wrong end of a 4-3 result against Liverpool, and withdraw from the Alexis Sanchez transfer pursuit with rivals Manchester United looking set to land him.
To discuss the events at Anfield and City’s decision on Sanchez, Ian Cheeseman is joined by Jordan Elgott, Anthony Chapman and newcomer Paul Risby for the sixth weekly episode of the City Watch Podcast.
Topics this week include:
– City’s decision to abandon the Alexis Sanchez pursuit and whether it was the right choice.
– The potential arrival of Jonny Evans and what sort of signing he would be.
– Discussion on the defeat to Liverpool, including the performance of Stones and would the inclusion of David Silva have changed the outcome?
– Sergio Aguero’s form with Jordan arguing that the City icon is now a square peg in a round hole. Does he have a future in Pep’s system?
– Potential striker signings for City and what profile of forward would Pep want?
– Ederson and whether his mistakes against Liverpool are a worry or if they come with the territory of a sweeper keeper.